Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

Exhausting ....

So, the first day is almost over. I am still not entirely done with the first excercise about Web2.0 (my group however is and this is what matters).
Ok but now one thing after the other:
Today we had a very interesting introduction by Malcolm Atkinson, where he also pointed out social aspects of grid.


Then we had an introduction to security (this could have been more in depth from my point of view, but this might be because I am working in cryptography and security anyway). Afterwards we were distributed into groups. I am in the "Flamingo" group and amazingly enough we are 4 girls and 3 guys: A rare thing to happen during such events.The exercise was fun we programmed with the google maps API. I finished 3 out of 4 exercises. Still one to go...
Like last night many people are sitting in the lobby with their laptops and I think this is the reason why I am being disconnected from the internet all the time. This is really annoying.
That's why I am saying good night now, because this does not make much sense to carry on working without internet connection (no I was not just looking for a reason to go to bed ;-)).

No comments: