Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

n00b

As one of the least-experienced people here (I'm only a 3rd-year undergraduate with an interest in grids, and no professional experience), I have some catching up to do with the basic information about these technologies. At the same time, I have more room for learning than some of the pros that are here.

So far, the first few days of sessions have been very informational. I especially loved yesterday's lessons on Condor, particularly the Shape Visualizer Practical. Today's discussion on Globus was also interesting, and I can't wait to get into the practicals.

What's amazing is that we still have a week and a half left, so there's plenty more to learn about.

Oh yeah, and if you haven't seen the downtown zombie chef, put it in your schedule - it's truly a life-changing experience.

1 comment:

Cristy Burne said...

Five stars for the Zombie Chef tip...well worth the trip :-) (What a trip)

I'm thinking the true popularity of this town lies not in the fabulous lake, great bars and dubious disco, but in the top quality Zombie Chef photo opportunities. Thoroughly recommended; not for the faint-hearted.