Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GIIS: Francisco Castejón


QUESTION 1. DO YOU "CONNECT TO GRIDS" OR "WALK ON CLOUDS"?

I usually use grids for computing but I have never used clouds for calculating. I think that they could be useful for my purposes.

QUESTION 2. WHAT ARE THESE TECHNOLOGIES (GRID COMPUTING AND CLOUD COMPUTING) FOR YOU?
Grid computing gives me a poweful computing capability. there are a lot of time consuming applicaitions that are running presently in the grid. I have to explore the capabilitis of clouds, but they seem quite promising.

QUESTION 3. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO BE FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD IN THE FUTURE?

I think that the scientific communities can great benefits from this computing technologies. It is a way of getting cheap computer power.
(dsa)

No comments: