It's the last day in the office before leaving for Catania, so it's time to run through that check-list of useful information before I go...
1. The venue address: Le Ciminiere, Viale Africa, 95100 Catania. For more information on Catania, there is the Catania Destination Guide. General information is on our event website of course.
2. To avoid the queues, if you arrive on Sunday, you can register between 16:00 and 20:00. The registration desk is open every day from 08:00 to 19:00 during the week (closing early on Friday at 15:00).
3. VERY IMPORTANT: bring a photocopy of your passport or identity card. (According to Italian law, network access is only given to ‘known” persons, and this is why the network providers are obliged to collect a proof of identity from ALL participants). For the same reason print out, fill in and sign the network letter of acceptance. This will save you valuable time at the registration desk!
4. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: Two social events have been organised - a welcome drink during the Demo and Poster session on the Tuesday evening and a networking event on Wednesday from 19:00. Both of the events will be hosted at the conference venue.
5. If you take any photos during the event, feel free to send us the link to your photo deposit website and we will link to it from the conference website. Or if you tag your Flickr photos egeeuf09, they will automatically be linked to from the conference blog at http://www.gridcast.org. You can also follow the event on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EnablingGrids (label your own tweets #egeeuf09).
6. Don't forget about the training events! You need to register for some of the training sessions in advance so find more information on EGEE training here. A list of all training events can be found here.
7. Please bring a proof of payment if you have paid via bank transfer in the last few weeks before the conference as it might be that the bank transfer has not yet reached us.
8. Please note that all participants will receive a fiscal invoice (receipt) by email after the event.
So all that's left is to pack the suitcase and head south!