Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Things I'm going to miss about Catania . . .

Well it's late Thursday, second to the last day, and it's been a busy event, with no shortage of news. People are preparing for a last hurrah before going home. Personally, I've loved my time here, even when (especially when?) interviewing people:


In no particular order, ***Things I'm Going to Miss about Catania***

1.)Mt. Etna looming from afar




There is nothing quite like having a mountain around.



2.)The sea food

Who knew fish, crustaceans and mollusks could be prepared in so many ways?










3.)The produce markets

The first day I arrived, I was so excited fruit and vegetable stands, I think I bought about 10 kilos of strawberries, apples and oranges.

4.)The Catania street scene

Coming from Geneva, where shops shut early, there is no street life in the evening . . . considering a move to Italy . . . .

5.)Seeing old friends and meeting new

See all these pictures and more at the conference photo feed on Flickr.com tagged “egeeuf09.”

What will you miss about Catania?

No comments: