Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Business as usual

It's my third day in Amsterdam, and I hardly had a minute to check my mails, let alone writing something. But it turns out my mailbox is unusually small - well, no wonder, all the "usual suspects" are as busy as me, being in the same place at the same time. Right, we are busy talking to each other face to face. How come, one may ask? It is the first conference of the project that was officially "blessed" just 2 days ago, after all - how come it feels like the good old club meeting? The answer is simple: it is the same club, it is business as usual. It's my 10th year in Grid business, and every event that has "G" in the name is strongly correlated with reduced traffic in my mailbox. This is of course a very good sign: the new project is guaranteed to be successful, as it builds on a quite solid foundation. On the other hand, foundations are rather rigid structures, and I sincerely hope it won't create unnecessary boundaries.

No comments: