The Latin-american Conference of High Performance Computing 2011- CLCAR 2011 (from Conferencia Latino Americana de Computación de Alto Rendimiento 2011) starts with the call for papers opening.
Since 2007, the Latin-American Conference on High Performance Computing (CLCAR) is an event for students, scientists and researchers in the areas of high performance computing, high throughput computing, parallel and distributed systems, e-science and applications, in a global context, but with special scope in latinoamerican propositions.
The program and scientific committees of CLCAR 2011 is formed by experts and researchers from different countries and related domains. Competent people from various countries and institutes will carry out the process of evaluating the proposals. CLCAR 2011 to be held in Colima, Mexico, September 5-9 2011. (http://clcar.itcolima.edu.mx/). As the last years, GridCast is media partner of the CLCAR Conference!.
The best-selected works, after further reviews, will be considered for special awards.
Call for Papers and Extended Abstracts
CLCAR 2011 official languages are English, Portuguese and Spanish. People willing to present their proposals can present them in two forms:
• Oral Presentations (full paper)
• Posters (extended abstract)
Selected papers will be considered for publication in the CLCAR 2011 proceedings (indexed).
Proposals can be submitted in ENGLISH, PORTUGUESE or SPANISH only (full papers and extended abstracts). Papers written in Spanish or Portuguese should have the title and its abstract in english too.
The oral presentation may be in any CLCAR official language, but the slides will be in English anyway.
Selected posters from extended abstracts must be show in English.
Topics of Interest:
The topics of interest for CLCAR include, but are not limited to:
1. Platforms and Infrastructures
◦ Scalable Architectures
◦ Parallel and Distributed Architectures
◦ Cluster Computing
◦ Grid Computing
▪ Testbed Grid
▪ Lightweight Grids
▪ Desktop Grid Computing
▪ Production Grids
◦ High Performance Networks to Science and Technology
◦ Cloud Computing
◦ Embedded High Performance Computing and Systems
◦ Virtualization in Scalable and Pervasive Computing
◦ HPC Green Computing
◦ Collaborative Computing
◦ High Density Computing
2. e-Science and Applications
◦ Applications for science and technology
◦ Industrial and business applications
◦ Health Applications and Solutions
◦ Learning and Educational applications
◦ Grid Services
◦ Program Languages and Paradigms
◦ Cloud Services
3. Special Topics
◦ Performance Evaluation of High Performance, Distributed and Scalable Systems
◦ Fault Tolerance
◦ Semantic Grid
◦ Games Theory
◦ Economy Grid
◦ Green Computing
◦ Open February 1 /2011
◦ Deadline for Full Paper Submission: April 15 /2011
◦ Deadline for Posters: April 29 /2011
◦ Notification of Acceptance: May 6 /2011
◦ September 5-9 2011
Submissions: http://www.clcar.org or http://clcar.itcolima.edu.mx/
More information in Spanish, Portuguese or English: