The EGI Technical Forum has been officially kicked-off and it will be an intense week. Several interesting events are co-located with this conference and there are many parallel sessions. If you are involved in strategic planning and policy development, then here is some suggestion on sessions that will keep me busy and that you might be interested in attending:
- EGI Policy Development Workshop 20/09 11:00 -12:30 to receive fresh updates on the latest activities related to policy development in EGI
- EGI Sustainability and Business Models 20/09 14:00-15-30 + 15:30-17:00 to engage with the process of defining the value proposition of the EGI ecosystem entities, participate in defining their sustainability plans and related business model; the second part of the session will have a more educational focus to learn how to generate business models and have a practical example in the context of EGI
- e-Fiscal Project Workshop 21/09 - 11:00 - 12:30 to address the issue of evaluating costs of e-infrastructures, a key building block to define business models
- Towards an effective e-Infrastructures impact assessment 21/09 - 14:00-15:30 + 15:30-17:00 organised by the ERINA+ project focuses on defining methodologies to evaluate the socio-economic impact of e-infrastructures
- Tutorial: Towards better managed Grids. IT Service Management best practices based on ITIL V3 22/09 11:00-12:30 organised by the gSLM project, is a learning opportunity to understand how EGI can benefit from best practices for IT service level management in use in the private sector.