Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

cool tech: wall of monitors

This is the first Supercomputing conference that I have attended, so I didn't really know what to expect.

In any event, I'm a technology junkie and really like computer "stuff" that makes me say "wow".

So among the myriad number of things that made me go "wow" this week was this wall-o-monitors back near booth 381. It's driven by something like 13 Mac Pro systems that are stationed behind the display and controlled by a single mini which sends signals to the Pros.

The display can run a single picture/video/whatever across all the monitors at once. So, for instance right now they are running a video displaying the concentration of dark matter in the universe several million years after the big bang.

1 comment:

Cristy Burne said...

Awesome pic...thanks Tim! I can't quite get over the scale of this conference...incredible!