What will be the main topics of discussion in five years from now?
11 key predictions
- We will still be wrestling with regulatory issues, policy, compliance & security!
- When informing governments on the most important regulations, we should focus on regulatory standards.
- Carbon Issues!
- More control over the network! Regulatory issues are key to avoid "cloud wars".
- Complexities of large-scale distributed computing - they will be more network centric!
- Protecting information, unless we tackle compliance issues.
- Transferring simple jobs to complex existing applications & thinking of redesigning everything to move to the cloud, something IT departments are not keen on.
- Scale-out & Efficiency - somebody will have to redesign the application.
- Scaleability - Being able to be scaleable with multi-core machines or architectural machines.
- Industry-led standards: we set the standards that have been set by industry. Working in a reactive way.
- Continued discussions on the EC's Code of Conduct on Data Centres.