Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring signs

So I'm back to Uppsala - just 11 days have passed since my last visit here, but my, everything's different! Then it was winter - now it is spring; river covered with thick ice then - swallen with spring waters now; railway station looking like a disaster zone then - a shiny new hall now, with an odd thingy in front wrapped in purple cloth. Did I miss the opening ceremony? Oh, and unmistakeable drink tickets - for some reason they seem to always ration drinks north of Linköping. Not too bad this time: once I got three tickets for one bear each (sic) in one northerly location. Not knowing what to do with the beasts, I traded them for wine. No, it's not that I am desperate for the welcome party, but I really look forward to meeting old friends!

No comments: