15 March 2010 - Room A119
The aim of the workshop is to ideally follow the previous organized at OGF25 in Catania by OGF-Europe whose aim was to analyze the challenges in the development of distributed applications including a collection of best practices across Europe for standard adoption; the workshop also included interesting presentations around the rise of the so called hybrid computing (multicore, GPU, etc.).
The workshop is directed at expanding the discussion with contributions on the ongoing efforts for the design of tools and programming models for the development and executions of applications on cloud infrastructures, the advances on the implementations of standards for Grids and Clouds and the issues in the development of HPC applications in hybrid environments (GPUs, multicores, etc) with also an industrial perspective on such new trend in supercomputing looking at both the needs of users, and what the vendors provide today.
09:00 - 10:30 Session I: Programming the Cloud
‣ Distributed Programming with the SAGA standard-Andre Merzky,CCT,Louisana State University, USA
‣ Developing Scientific Applications for Distributed Infrastructures-ShantenuJha, CCT, Louisana State University, USA
‣ ServicesSs, a new programming model for the cloud-Daniele Lezzi, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
‣ Developing Cloud applications with OCCI-Michele Orrù, INFN, Italy
10:30 - 11:00 Break 11:00 - 12:30 Session II: Hybrid computing development tools
‣ GPUSuperscalar,RosaM.Badia,Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
‣ GPU based cloud computing, Dairsie Latimer, Petapath, UK
‣ An industrial perspective on current Innovations in HPC, John Barr, The 451 Group, USA
‣ Workshop close